[PLUG] KWGR614 or WRT54GL

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:48:30 IST 2007

All,

I'm considering to buy one of these routers for my home system.
Whats special with these two ? Well Linksys WRT54GL runs linux and is known
to be hackable with 3rd party firmwares like DD-WRT. I'm getting this for Rs
3500
It comes with 3 yrs warranty
http://www-in.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=IN%2FLayout&cid=1139845749947&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=4994785430B07

Other one is Netgear, it is supposed to run "open source" software. Not sure
what it means. The cost is Rs 2200, comes with one year warranty.
http://netgear.co.in/Products/RoutersandGateways/GWirelessRouters/KWGR614.aspx

Any suggestions based on your personal experiences will be helpful.

Thanks
-DP
--
On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
Check my blog at http://desipenguin.blogspot.com/