[PLUG] Uninstall Jre from Ubuntu.

Chetan Kumar chetanku at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:29:21 IST 2007

On 10/28/07, Ameet Gholap <amitrgholap at gmail.com> wrote:
> But I found that java applet sites still do not work in firefox.
> So I want to uninstall the jre.
>
> I am unable to delete the folder.
> Sudo rm doesnt help.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to uninstall it?

Hint:
Look for deleting files in plugins directory of firefox or
.mozilla/whatever/whatever/plugins

The file (in case it is not a link to another location) to delete on my
installation (Mandriva 2007) is libjavaplugin_oji.so
Looks like jre deletion leaves out something behind in your case
(maybe for good reason)
Else find this file on your PATH and deal with it appropriately.
REMEMBER: This is a just a clue/hint. Not an exact procedure.
Work along these lines.

HTH
Chetan