[PLUG] Uninstall Jre from Ubuntu.

Ameet Gholap amitrgholap at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 10:42:13 IST 2007

2007/10/28, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com>:

> On 10/28/07, Ameet Gholap <amitrgholap at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am using kubuntu 7.10.
> > I downloaded jre binary from sun site and installed it.
> >
> > But I found that java applet sites still do not work in firefox.
> > So I want to uninstall the jre.
> >

> Btw sun jre is available as a ubuntu package. Please look for
> sun-java6-jre package. For running applets and other browser related
> java programs you need to install sun-java6-plugin  package.
>
> regards
> VK
> --

Yes, I got to know that later.
Previously I just followed the instructions as per ff plugin finder.

Through Dolphin (file manager), I tried to delete some simple files which
are present in the jre extracted folder.
I get following message "Access denied to
/home/abc/local/share/Trash/files/ReadMe"
>From cli, when I go to the above path and do ls-la, I see nothing.

abcg at laptop1:~/.local/share/Trash/files$ ls -la
total 8
drwx------ 2 abc abc 4096 2007-10-28 10:35 .
drwx------ 4 abc abc 4096 2007-10-21 12:39 ..

http://plm.3ds.com/