[LIG] [ilugd] [PLUG] [x-post] foss events list in india 2008?

Linux Lingam linuxlingam at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 01:48:28 IST 2007

> Ok, I second the vote, and here are your feeds:
>
> JSON:
> http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=4jphZveG3BG0fLa9jknRlg&_render=json
>
> RSS:
> http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=4jphZveG3BG0fLa9jknRlg&_render=rss
>
> And if all you want is a simple HTML unordered list that you can stick
> into your page, use this:
> http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=4jphZveG3BG0fLa9jknRlg
> and apply your own CSS rules.
>
> Philip
>
> PS: The pipe page is here:
> http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=4jphZveG3BG0fLa9jknRlg
> Anyone can view the source, but to modify it, you'll have to clone it
> first.  Let me know if you make changes and would like them to get
> back into the primary pipe.

wow! this is so fantastic, this is one flew over the cuckoo's nest
under the blues moon!
:-)

a big hand of applause for philip for sorting out the site and pipes
for the indian foss community. way to go!

next steps:

1) various LUG and foss admins, would recommend you take the pipes and
the feeds and dose them to your respective sites.

2) rahul, you could consider asking your staff to submit event-entries
to this site, and then feed it back to your openitis.com site.

3) periodically, a few of us, including i, will send reminders out on
mailing lists, requesting people to submit their event details to this
url.

okie dokie, let's roll with the details. so don't tell me we've only
got foss.in and chennai's event happening. we've got:

barcamp in bangalore in november
freed.in feb 2008
linuxasia new avatar in feb
gnunify
osscamp delhi
<placeholders..>

whoever has the details, please add them to the site.

:-)