[PLUG] [OT] The Do Not Call Registry which doesn't work.

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 01:48:53 IST 2007

Hi all,
       There was a reported thing about Do Not Call Registry & as a
BSNL customer I tried to find a way for doing just that. First the
link of the site
http://ndncregistry.gov.in/ndncregistry/aboutRegister.jsp this is the
link where at the Details
http://ndncregistry.gov.in/ndncregistry/docs%5CNumbersforSubscribersRegistration.pdf
the link doesn't work under firefox . Apparently it works under IE
Gotta friend to upload the file. So here the's file
http://rapidshare.com/files/54532382/NumbersforSubscribersRegistration.pdf.html
. Now I look at the file & see BSNL listed there.
            I call up the no. 1500 & guess what as always the people
are unaware that there is a Do Not Call registry up . So how does
Economic Times claim that there are 5 million people who did it the
first day. http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News_By_Industry/Telecom/5_million_say_no_to_pesky_calls/articleshow/2351789.cms

Comments, suggestions all welcome :)
--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17