[PLUG] Interesting ...

ಓಂ guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:59:15 IST 2007

On 9/21/07, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How many of us who talk about indic enabling actually ask for indic
> > enbled phones/devices when they actually have to make a decision to
> > buy new tool/instrument.  I am sure the common man does not make those
> > compromises that we educated people tend to make so easily.
>
> Like I keep on asking - how many of us use hi_IN or mr_IN on the
> interface / input and report issues (not limiting such reports to
> mailing lists) ?

For last few weeks I am thinking about actually doing that with
phone... and in that quest i found what was stated in earlier message.

your question got me into thinking why not use (same logic with) indic
locale for UI also on Linux instead of just using it for inputting
marathi letters... (which is what I have been doing till now) :-)
looks **highly logical** continuation of the journey ....

But coming to the requirement.. i think people being able to just
local input and english UI is also a requirement for many people
trying to trasition from English towards local languages...