[PLUG] How to return Vista

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 19:28:16 IST 2008

On Saturday 19 Apr 2008, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On 19-Apr-08, at 10:31 PM, Ameet Gholap wrote:
> > I remember a person in austria or some place like that who rejected
> > the EULA
> > during the 1st boot - was XP. took photos of the rejection and then
> > asked
> > for refund.
> > initially he was not entertained. but a notice from court did the
> > trick, I
> > guess.
> > i read that article few yrs ago.
>
> yes - so for vista micorsoft has not provided a reject button

After the first incident with Toshiba notebook purchase in CA, most OEMs
have become smarter.  For XP on my Tosh. notebook, the EULA clearly
states there is no refund for not using the installed OS.  But then I
got such a good deal that I really did not care about the builtin XP
lic. cost.

Sony may have a similar policy.

--
Arun Khan