[PLUG] Lap Tops with Linux

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:37:38 IST 2008

Hi

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Aditya Godbole <aag.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/08, surender khunekari <surender.khunekari at gmail.com> wrote:
>> DEAR SIR/MADAM,
>>  I AM BEGINNER IN LINUX , PLZ LET ME KNOW THE PATH FOR LEARNING
>>
>>  ANY GUIDES, CDS , TUTORIALS , BOOKS , TRAINING.
>>

>>  I WANT TO KNOW LINUX COMMANDS
>
> Hi,
> I'm taking the liberty of making a few suggestions here, in accordance
> with the mailing list etiquette (http://plug.org.in/mailinglist.php)

I would like to support aditya good that he has take up these points again.

Before any fist fights start about the usual saying that we are trying
to scare away newbies from the list, It should be noticed that when
one signs up to the plug mailing, I would quote as state on the
mailing list section --

"I have read the above and agree to follow the rule of the mailing
list. Subscribing to the mailing list means that you agree to follow
the list Etiquette's and guidelines. Click Here To Subscribe To The
PLUG Mailing Lists"

Hence it is expected that any one who joins the mailing list should
follow the rules.

> 1. Writing in capital letters is considered as shouting; avoid caps.
> 2. Do not start a new thread by replying to an old one. You run the
> risk of most people ignoring your mail.
>
> Also please read the rest of the mailing list guidelines given on the above URL.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Aditya.

Also note how Aditya has replied -- it is in  lower case -- indicating
a polite tone.

So newbies/newmembers are always welcome, but it is expected that
people should stick to mailing list guidelines. :)

Regards
Dexter