[PLUG] postfix mail sever, strange spec

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 15:13:46 IST 2008

On Monday 11 Aug 2008, irfan attar wrote:
> hi all,
>         i have mail server requirement as follows
> priority a  -> 1.  mail server should run on different port ,    not
> on 25
>
> # this requirement i have completed  in postfix.
>
> priority c  ->    2.    there will be only two mail id a at example.com
> and b at example.com.
>
> # i have created only two email id.
>
> priority c  ->    3.    a at example.com will only send mail to
> b at example.com.
>
> # please help here.
>
> priority c  ->      4.     b will only receive but will not reply

You have not stated whether the postfix box is a dedicated server wth no
local user login a and b.  Restrict outbound mail with SASLAUTH.
Instead of using PAM, you may have to create your own authorized user
db.  I think this can be done, search the postfix mailing list archive.

> #help me again
>
> priority a ->    5.     a at example.com will be used multiple places
> and mail will be send at time. all such mails should be accepted. it
> should not go to spam.

AFAIK, any number of users can set their From header to whatever they
want in the MUA.  In your MUA set your From header to a at example.com

> #  this is more important
>
> priority b ->    6.     mail from & to any other domain should not be
> allowed.

Check the relay domain parameters for outbound mails.  IIRC, postfix
supports regular expression matching.  Inbound it does not matter if
this server is on a local net.

> # this is also important
>

> i have completed 1st and 2nd requirement .. Any idea how to do it in
> postfix or any other FOSS mail server.

Not sure what you are asking.  In the begining of your post, you claim
you have already done 1 and 2 with postfix.

-- Arun Khan