[PLUG] Software Freedom Day 2008 Celebrations

Ankit Srivastava ankit.sunca at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 18:42:28 IST 2008

Hi Friends,

I am an employee intern at Sun Microsystems and am working as a student
coordinator of West India. My work is to promote open source technologies
across West India colleges including Rajasthan, Gujarat and Maharashtra.

As you all know, 20th September is celebrated as Software Freedom Day all
across the world for the celebration of Free and Open Source Software.
http://softwarefreedomday.org/

In this regard, I am trying to hold a grand 1 day event involving sessions,
demos and discussions with collaboration with four colleges: PICT, MIT, COEP
and AIT.
As is evident from this community, Pune has a very strong Linux User Group
and OpenSolaris User Group. We would like to have your suggestions and
inputs regarding the event. The venue is going to be finalised in a few days
and I would like to invite all of you to attend the day. Start Ups,
Enthusiasts and Developers can use the platform to share their experiences
and views. Students can participate to have a group learning.
I shall keep you updated as we get the whole plan ready. Please do share
your comments and ideas.

Thanks
Ankit Srivastava