[PLUG] Installation with Quad core Processor.

Nikhil Kala nikhilrkale at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 14:59:25 IST 2008

Hello All,

I have Intel Quad core 2.0 processor with Intel original board.

I tried to install different linux flavors and but not working...
Here are the os wise errors

1. Ubuntu 8.04 -> installed properly but showing RAM only 3GB and
actually connected RAM is 8GB. Also not giving the good performance.
2. Ubuntu 8.04 server edition -> installed but got hanged
3. Suse 11 -> installed but got hanged sometimes.
4. Cent OS -> installed but got hanged
5. Debian 4.0 -> DVD drive driver issue, unable to mount the dvd drive.
6. Open Solaris -> Installation stopped in middle. And tried twice.

Now any one help me, which linux flavor work with configuration of
different server?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil Kala