[PLUG] SETTING UP SOLARIS ON LAPTOP

Chetan Kumar chetanku at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:57:09 IST 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 11:22 AM, Lt Col Prashant <majorppk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have got the Free Solaris Express Developer Edition DVD from Sun and
> want to load this on my Laptop, ACER 5100 (AMD 64X2, 2 GB RAM, 100GB
> HDD, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Web Cam,DVd Writer. I would request you to kindly
> help me configure the Wi-Fi & bluetooth. I am also unable to send mail

Do you intend to configure on Solaris ?

> from evolution (gmail account), while I can receive mail. Can you help
> me configure these.

Is this to be done on Solaria too?
About sending email:
In general, one can send mails from gmail using other mail clients
(like evolution) after making relevant settings in the client. SMTP
server is to be set to smtp.gmail.com and port as 587. Also the usual
things like username and password is set.
HTH
Chetan