[PLUG] Announcing Fedora 9 Alpha

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:23:52 IST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 9:52 PM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Alpha/ReleaseNotes

Feature List: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/FeatureList

Any chance table PC touchscreen support will get improved in this or a
future release? Right now with current distro versions I have to
tinker around to get wireless, touchscreen and fingerprint reader
working

I think Fedora 9 might turn out to be better and more stable (for me
at least) over Ubuntu or openSUSE this time around, especially with
the fingerprint authentication and FastX part...

I have a feeling openSUSE will be unstable due to KDE4.x when it comes
out in June/July and Ubuntu Hardy "LTS" will also be unstable due to
PulseAudio etc being newly incorporated. Ubuntu has announced they
wont update the theme much until Hardy+1 anyways... a sign of things
to come/happen?

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."