[PLUG] IP_CONNTRACK Query

Jayesh Agrawal jayeshleo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:23:24 IST 2008

Hi!

I have read the connection tracking article from the site below. I have a
query regarding the connection tracking for each tcp connection.

Site :
http://www.it-sicherheitskoordinator.de/docs/sicherheit/firewall/iptables/connect-track/iptables_conntrack.html

The state table is maintained at */proc/net/ip_conntrack for the tcp*. Can
we access that entries in a PRE_ROUTING hook ? If yes then how can we access
it ?  Reading a file when you are in kernel space(PRE_ROUTING hook) is not
recommended then how we can read entries?

For e.g. there are 2 active tcp connections in an ESTABLISHED state.
When a packet come to the interface i want to look up in the table and check
to which tcp connection it belongs?

Thanks n Regards,
Jayesh