[PLUG] FOSS for Maths meet at BP

bp bhaskara_p at vsnl.com
Fri Feb 22 05:35:35 IST 2008

Hello,

> >> scilab is not FOSS - better to demo octave
> >
> > If anyone using octave they are welcome.
> >
> > Our concern is education and not commercial use.
> > FOSS=Free and/or Open Source Software that is how we see towards it.
>
> Redefining commonly understood terms to fit specific agendas doesn't
> seem like a good start for education.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FOSS

I would like to invite you to give 10 minutes talk on what is good start for
education. We have no specific agendas nor this meeting is formal.

If anyone can talk on octave you are welcome.

Here is one site from where I understood FOSS=Free and/or Open Source
software.

http://nrcfoss.org.in/

Thanks
-Manjusha