[PLUG] Self Analysis

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 16:40:09 IST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:37 PM, ഓം <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com> wrote:

>  My opinion is that silent worker lot contributes more but I could be
>  wrong on all counts!

I think both types do their bit.

Silent workers distribute CDs, help out with problem solving in
person, figure out how to port applications and to get functionality
to work, etc.

The organizing and speaking type spreads the message to many persons
at the same time, and also makes events happen. The silent workers may
or may not congregate at such events, depending upon the availability
of free time and of how shy they are about meeting other tech
enthusiasts.

One segment would do more than the other at any given time depending
upon the time and forum available for interactions.

On CSLug, for e.g., we have lots of people reading the posts, and
different people asking questions every now and then. I'm amazed at
the variety of questions that get asked, and at how there still are
newbies in the city. This leads me to believe that someone may have
introduced them to Linux and Open Source software, and that the silent
workers are very active :)

-- Ram