[PLUG] Help on Postgresql on suse 10.2

Rajiv Gore rajiv at wsieng.com
Fri Feb 29 19:43:15 IST 2008

Hi
I tried to start the PG from /etc/init.d but this is the out put.
rajiv at linux:~> su
Password:
linux:/home/rajiv # su - postgres
postgres at linux:~> postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data/
postgres at linux:~> Pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/data/
-bash: Pg_ctl: command not found
postgres at linux:~>
postgres at linux:~> pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/data/
pg_ctl: another postmaster may be running; trying to start postmaster anyway
postmaster starting
postgres at linux:~> pg_ctl status
pg_ctl: neither postmaster nor postgres running
postgres at linux:~> pgsql data
-bash: pgsql: command not found
postgres at linux:~> postgres
2008-02-29 19:32:27 IST   PANIC:  could not open control
file "global/pg_control     ": Permission denied
Aborted
postgres at linux:~> /etc/init.d/post
postfix     postgresql
postgres at linux:~> /etc/init.d/postgresql start
Starting PostgreSQLPassword:
su: incorrect password
                                                                      failed
postgres at linux:~>
postgres at linux:~>
Where can I find password for PostgrSQL?
Thanks for help in advance
--
Rajiv Gore
Sai Links (India) Pvt. ltd