[PLUG] Auto Shutdown PC

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 08:01:57 IST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:25 AM, श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर <
ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 Jul 2008 07:13:35 Sonawane Satish wrote:
> > I was wondering if there is any software available which can "Shutdown
> the
> > machine properly" sometime after it switches to UPS (Thanks to power
> > failure).
>
> http://linux.die.net/man/5/upsmon.conf

   You can also check out http://www.apcupsd.org/. It is a popular s/w and
works with other UPSes too, in addition to APC. It fires events which you
have to interpret as you want, in your scripts.
Of course, for any UPS monitoring s/w to work, the UPS should support a
connection to the PC via a serial or USB port.

HTH

Best regards,
Pranav