[PLUG] The Moblin Contest / and a special Event Invite

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 14:22:30 IST 2008

Subject: The Moblin Contest / and a special Event Invite
Date: Thursday 05 Jun 2008
From: "Williams, Valsa"

To all my dear Open Source Friends,

I encourage all of you to register and attend the events marked below,
if you are there, or send it to the developers in Chennai & Hyderabad.

More events in other cities in the future, stay tuned :-)

As mentioned to all of you, this is our chance of making Linux & OSS the
default platform for  the new generation of computing devices

 - Mobile Internet Devices, low cost netbooks, sub notebooks etc.  These
products built by several OEMs will flood the market soon. Asus, HCL,
Wipro are excellent examples.

Retail outlets will have them and many sales persons know only Windows!

Some of my friends in Pune  went to retail outlets (CROMA) to
demonstrate Linux & OSS loaded on  Mileap & Asus eeePC  to the sales
person, who was then convinced & happy  :-)  :-)

Let's also encourage developers to join the Contest to develop
interesting applications for housewives, children, doctors, games,
educational software, content, entertainment software etc etc, relevant
for our country and for others.

Please do circulate to all. Thanks a ton!

Join us to learn more about the Moblin community.

Moblin is an open source initiative bringing developers together all
over the world to create rich media and internet experience based on
Linux operating systems for Intel(r) Atom(tm) Processors
<http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/communities/atom?cid=sw:InAtom08> .
Our community of developers and partners is growing tremendously, come
see what the buzz is all about. We're waiting for you.

       Hyderabad  : 26th June 2008
       Chennai    : 27th June 2008

       Register for this event
<http://www.endtoend.in/ete2008/intel/isss/moblin/registration.html>
or  Sign-up for a Webinar
<http://www.endtoend.in/ete2008/intel/isss/moblin/registrationw.html>

Participate in YourMove - the Moblin Developer Challenge
<http://moblin.org/contest_india.php>
Win a trip for 2 to any Open Source Event in the world!