[PLUG] Let us Discuss LinTops ( Linux Compatible Computers ) !

TOM_C_A_T Floss plug.tomcat at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 18:34:20 IST 2008

>In my opinion 3 GB RAM is wastefully high amount of memory for running
Linux...

I run virtual box and vmware (virtualization softwares) many times as well
as
play graphic hungry games like nexuiz or quake engine based.
It also makes my laptop a little future-proof
( believe me, try using Ubuntu on 256 mb ram without graphic acceleration,
or try enabling all graphical effects
it will sure make you loose your head !)
I'm lover of graphics n effects !!

>& unfortunately most vendors still don't offer 800 MHz DDR2.

It is a laptop not desktop,
not most but no-one ( except you are not buying alienware laptops)
offer 800mhz ram for laptop,
in India !