[PLUG] Need Ubuntu CDs

Devendra Laulkar devendra at laulkar.com
Wed Jun 25 10:55:36 IST 2008

Hi,

>  However, i would like you to caution, that if you are new to linux,
> installation especially on branded machines, mostly laptops at times can
> be
> tricky. Only the low graphics version runs on my laptop which is HCL make.
> however, there is no problem with compaq or dell machines. Fedore  9
> doesn't
> install on my laptop at all.

Ubuntu has a good page where they specify the hardware compatibility :-
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport
and for laptops :-
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam

Also, if you google around a bit - you can also find step by step
instructions to get things working for specific laptops.
Most major distributions have similar pages.

HTH.
-Devendra Lalkar.