[PLUG] Fwd: [ilugd] [X-POST] Microsoft lobbying the Government through ``friendly'' NGOs

Nishit Dave stargazer.dave at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:24:48 IST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
>  If people don't care enough sooner rather than later content will be in
>  formats that would inhibit sharing. There are myriad reasons why people
>  come together to become part of any movement. However, the folks doing
>  their bit for ODF in India would require every bit of help and
>  coordination to ensure this issue never goes out of sight. Volumes of
>  spin on OOXML is expected and it would take every person concerned with
>  this to spread the awareness

Let us find out who these opinion makers are, and start to write to
them, individually and together.  We also need to put our
communication online to ensure nobody can deny it.  Steps required:

1.  Get contact details
2.  Write up a good argument in favour of a single, open standard - ODF
3.  Make up a schedule
4.  Implement it