[PLUG] Need LiveCD for Students to learn C

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 6 19:02:59 IST 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 17:50, Devendra Laulkar wrote:

>While what you are saying is essentially true, there are still a lot
>of places where old distributions like Red Hat 9 are used. Especially
>in colleges.

True. Fortunately, some have replaced it with RHEL. I hope some SMBs
dealing with installation and/or maintaince of networked systems using
Linux distros (or FOSS) get a business opportunity here.

Without deviating too much, I also assume, Amit Karpe (from Pune?) had
posted a Custom build of Ubuntu with all CS based developer tools
within the LIVE CD. Amit, may be you can elaborate more on that option,
apart from Knoppix and Fedora Spin.