[PLUG] Mandriva 2009 on laptop...

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Fri Nov 14 21:57:19 IST 2008

Today was the day for me to move on to Mandriva 2009 and I managed to
do it successfully despite highest level of challenge faced due to
corrupt key RPMs on DVD.

Overall a good feeling, that I could get almost all things working
sooner than expected considering that fact that there was corrupt
latest kernel rpm on my dvd.

I would recommend who are waiting till now to move to 20009 to give it a shot...

This latest mandrake takes the users very close to click-click
install, infact I feel it is almost there (as a desktop)

albeit i find it a bit slow while loading OOo3.0 for my laptop...

And the icing on the cake is Firefox renders मराठी correctly, so i can
rely on a single browser...