[PLUG] Problem in Kubuntu Of C Header files

Raseel Bhagat raseelbhagat at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 02:01:53 IST 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 1:55 AM, Manas Alekar <maalekar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Raseel,
>

> > Try the following, once you have connected to the internet :
> > sudo apt-get install build-essentials
> >

> At the risk of igniting a old debate I want to ask you; why would you give
> the fellow the command and cripple him ? Kaustubh was leading him in the
> right direction. We harm newbies more than helping them by dishing out
> commands.

huh ?

I heard someone ask for help to get him started on compiling programs.
It seemed more of  a Distro-specific question than anything else.
I do not remember how Kaustubh was  leading him, but I would be interested
to know where exactly I went wrong by giving someone the accurate
information required.

Thanks,
Raseel.