[PLUG] Fedora 9 valued at $10.8B

Aditya Godbole aag.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 10:58:26 IST 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/publications/estimatinglinux.php
>
> You might want to search for "value" in there and read it entirely.

I did. In all the places where they have used the word 'value', they
mean cost. Also there is a point in the section - "Limitations and
Advantages to this Study's Approach":
    *  The numbers reflected in this study represent how much it would
cost to develop the software in a Linux distribution today, from
scratch. It's important to note that this estimates the cost but not
the value to the greater ecosystem since changing such a core piece of
technology so widely used would have huge and far-reaching economic
impact.

Perhaps this is a new age economics about which I have no idea.

-aditya