[PLUG] Cannot connect to mysql server

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:51:00 IST 2008

> On Tuesday 09 September 2008 04:30:17 pm abhi wrote:
> > Hello folks,
> > I am new to Linux and have Fedora 9. I have installed mysql.
> > When I run mysql, I get tthe following error:
> > *ERROR 2002 (HY000) cannt connect to local mysql server through socket
> > /var/lib/mysql.sock (2).*
> > **
> > What should i do?
>
> Paste your /etc/hosts

And how would that help.

> PL: Ingore the prev. message as it was a mistake (I'm new to KMail)

Already ignored

Abhi... assuming you are giving mysql command (on a command line
enviornmet), the error indicates you mysql server is not running.
Either start it from the services tool, or as root run the command: service
mysql start.
Provided you have installed mysql
regards
Dexter