[PLUG] RedHat/Fedora Crisis

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Sep 18 16:43:17 IST 2008

Vivek Khurana wrote:

>  So in short Fedora is another property of RedHat and RedHat holds the
> right to keep community in dark.... Interesting...

Jumping the gun, are we?

Fedora is completely free and open source. The notion of "property" does
not translate well in the world of software especially in the world of
free software. As Red Hat sponsors many resources to the project, the
project assumes legal responsibility. Setting aside that, the Fedora
community is pretty informed about all the details as you can see from
the several announcements send to fedora-announce list as we progress.
Again, they are:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00008.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00009.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00012.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-September/msg00002.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-September/msg00006.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-September/msg00007.html

It is likely there will be more updates as well.

Rahul