[PLUG] data types for unicode

Navin Kabra navin.kabra at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 07:56:46 IST 2009

Regular text and character fields should be good enough to store unicode
Marathi data in MySQL. Just make sure that the database encoding is utf8
(and not latin1 which is the default). Also note that if your database
already exists, then just changing the database encoding to utf8 is not good
enough - that will not change the encoding of the existing tables. You need
to change each table's encoding manually.

navin.