[PLUG] PLUG mailing list and copyright

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Thu Feb 12 22:37:05 IST 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Navin Kabra <navin.kabra at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, quoting for the purpose of establishing context, without keeping
>> the license notice intact (something that is very common on mailing
>> lists), comes under fair use? If yes, then I was mistaken about that
>> point and I have no issues.
>
> That is my understanding, but I am not a lawyer. Maybe someone who is
> more knowledgeable can clarify?

correction:
you are not a trained lawyer (by profession :-)  and probably don't
hold certificate to prove the point (that you may be an idiot :-) but
nobody can stop you from contesting a claim of your own and being your
own lawyer...!

Any time you appoint someone else to fight for you... even in case of
winning, the person appointed to fight is the winner not you :-)

this is typically applicable for all situations...