[PLUG] [X-Post] Need volunteer to hold session on 25th February at VJTI

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 01:20:44 IST 2009

Hello list,
    There has been interest shown by a few students in VJTI College,
Matunga, Mumbai to hold sessions on FOSS/GNU/Linux(take you pick). As
per my discussion with the ACE(Association of Computer Enthusiasts)
society, they have free time on Wednesdays after 2 p.m. when they
would be interested to attend sessions interesting them.
    We could make use of this opportunity to spread awareness of FOSS
and the community amongst the students. The biggest stumbling block is
the time - 2 p.m. on Wednesday, which is work hours for most. If
someone has the free time and inclination, they could take up the
topic of their interest and hold a session. ACE has been able to
obtain permission to hold the seminar in the college and outsiders can
be allowed to attend the session too.
    Following facilities have been arranged for
1) A room which can hold upto 50 people
2) A projector
3) A PC loaded with Linux
If you need something more for holding your session, we can try and work it out.
The date that we have availed is Wednesday, 25th February 2009 after 2 p.m.
Couple of topics that they have suggested from their side are:-
1) Introduction to Linux(duh!)
2) Python (there's a small group of people who are interested and have
begun with python)

--

I know it's weird, but it does make it easier to write poetry in perl.
:-) -- Larry Wall in 7...