[PLUG] Fwd: Problem with Dual Boot...

Mandar Vaze mandarvaze at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:35:25 IST 2009

Resending, even my response was stuck. Sending as "plain text"
hopefully it will make it this time.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:08 AM, vaibhav <vaibhav.khante at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi Mandar,
>                   Thanks for suggestion... I was able to mount my windows
> partitions. pls look at content of Boot.ini file below..
> [boot loader]
> timeout=10
> [operating systems]
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
> Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
> Professional" /fastdetect
> Pls check wetherany changes has to made..

boot.ini looks pretty much standard. Now the question is whether
"partition(2)" and "partition(3)" are indeed intact ?
During the Linux install, was there any partition resizing ?

When you mount windows what partitions are mounted ? (/dev/hdx, /dev/sdx etc)
What are the filesystem type ? vfat (means FAT32), ntfs ?

Again, I may not be able to single handly resolve your problems, but
with these queries answered, PLUG folks can collectively help you.

>  (sorry to resend the msg in this format as it was rejected twice due to
> oversize..)

Yes, it happens :(
You can use http://pastebin.com/, and copy just the link in your email
(I got this suggestion from this list, not too many days ago)

- Mandar D Vaze