[PLUG] Regarding Linux Exposure in College

Arun Tomar tomar.arun at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 00:46:32 IST 2009

hi!

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Abhishek Sharma
<emote2abhishek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Plug memebers,
>
>   This is Abhishek Sharma. T.E Comp, MIT,Pune
>   I met u guys at the Plug meeting in GNUNIFY. And discussed the situation
> in Colleges and also about the user's group that we had started.

Good to know that you guys have started gaining knowledge on linux &
open source softwares. In my opinion, rather than creating too many
mailing list & groups, you should stick with plug mailing list, as
there are a lot of experienced/enthusiastic/talented people already on
the group. The idea is not to reinvent the wheel again, but to take
help of the existing stuff & move ahead.

>    We have had some sessions for the students regarding Linux. The next
> session that we are going to conduct would be "Hands installation of Linux"

There is so much to learn in linux that you would have never imagined.
After working on linux for the last 7 yrs I still feel that I'm just
on the tip of the iceberg.

>     You guys can check out - www.mcug.org.in
>  We have not completed the website totally but suggestions and feedback's
> are most welcome.

do some good open source projects that r needed when you are on
internships or projects, that will help you to understand the
technology & will help the open source community at large.

>   We would be highly happy to receive help from u guys.
>
> Abhishek Sharma
> --

Arun Tomar
blog: http://linuxguy.in