[PLUG] accounting software under Linux

Kulkarni Shantanu linux at shantanukulkarni.org
Tue Jan 13 22:09:19 IST 2009

Hello,
I am looking for a free accouting package under Linux (preferably able to
work on Ubuntu 6.06) with following requirements,

a. easy to use and learn, since I have no good knowledge about accounting. It
need not be a lot fancy since I am managing a simple one-man show.

b. my CA uses Tally, so it would be great if we could exchange data.

kalculate is almost dead and gnucash seems to have a steep learning
curve.
Can anyone having practical experience in such a software suggest any?

Cheers,
Shantanu