[PLUG] accounting software under Linux

Pranav Peshwe pranavpeshwe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 16:54:04 IST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:50 PM, म.हा.सा.ग.र <o.s.h.o at guruvision.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Kulkarni Shantanu
> <linux at shantanukulkarni.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am looking for a free accouting package under Linux (preferably able to
> > work on Ubuntu 6.06) with following requirements,
> >
> > a. easy to use and learn, since I have no good knowledge about
> accounting. It
> > need not be a lot fancy since I am managing a simple one-man show.
> >
> > b. my CA uses Tally, so it would be great if we could exchange data.
>
> <
> http://experts.tallysolutions.com/website/CXDownloadViewMgr.php?strCompany=TIPL&strVersion=72&strProductLine=Tally
> >
>  if somebody can locate tally 9 for Linux that would be great...

Why point him to 'Tally' when he clearly states that he is looking for a
'free accouting package under Linux'.
AFAIK, Tally is free neither as in free beer nor free speech. So, it does
not fit the bill. The fact that, they have made it available for download
does not mean that they are giving it away for nothing. You need to purchase
a license to run Tally.

Tally users, kindly CMIIW.

Best regards,
Pranav