[PLUG] Porting Ex on Linux

Sriram Narayanan sriramnrn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:34:48 IST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Rajiv Gore <rajiv at wsieng.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I am using an accounting software Ex Next Gen by TCS. It has got a software
> dongle.
> Ex works on Windows.
> I tried to load it on Linux using Wine but the program doesnot  work as wine
> cannot  access the dongle .Can there be a way out?

You might want to try Windows on VirtualBox on Linux. This may access
the dongle and you could enjoy a seamless window switch between your
Linux desktop environment and the EX GUI.

A brief search for "wine hardware dongle" yielded a few links. One of
them was this one :
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20080811.121428.dbab20cb.ca.html
It talks about building Wine from source, which is not really
difficult, and which you may want to try.