[PLUG] Ubuntu 8.10 GRUB problem - only shows memtest option

Mandar Vaze mandarvaze at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 09:26:40 IST 2009

> - Try putting a vmlinuz from an installed machine. If you want to go with
> this method, I could mail my vmlinuz-2.6.27-7-generic to your offlist.

That was the plan, which is why I thought I could copy it off LiveCD,
but I couldn't find it there either.
So now I'm wondering what other files are missing ?

Just out of curiosity, what is the size of vmlinuz-2.6.27-7-generic  ?

Now I'm thinking, may be somehow, that DVD that came with LFY Dec'08 is
faulty (or used slightly older/pre-release version of Ubuntu 8.10)
My next plan to get Ubuntu 8.10 CD from some one else, and try the same
exercise.

1. Can someone lend me Ubuntu 8.10 LiveCD ?
2. Do I need Alternate CD, or LiveCD will do just fine ?
3. Can someone confirm if vmlinuz* file is available on LiveCD that you
have successfully installed ?

Thanks for all the support.

*—

Mandar D Vaze