[PLUG] NTFS partition recovery through Linux

Ameya Rahane ichbinfes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 08:12:55 IST 2009

This is with regards to my previous mail regarding NTFS partition
recovery through Linux.
First of all, thank you to all who responded!

Pranav Peshwe wrote:
> Hi Ameya,
>                 Can you please share with us names of software with which
> you say data, in your case, can be recovered with ease.
>
> In some cases, data is so important that one does not mind using non-free
> (in either sense) software to recover it. With you sharing, somebody on this
> list might just find the right software to get their priceless data back.
>
> Hope i'm not violating the spirit of the list.

A couple of softwares that are good are Partition Table Doctor and
DiskInternals Partition Recovery.
I knew of testdisk, ill try photorec
-----

I did have my data recovered at home itself. I put my laptop harddisk
to the desktop that runs Windows, and the rest of the job was easy. If
anyone needs to recover their data, I daresay I could be of some help
in case someone needs to recover data. And for free (as in free beer)
;)

-Ameya
ichbinfes at gmail.com