[PLUG] Installing fedora.

Neeraj Joshi neerajbiz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:29:37 IST 2009

Hello there,

I recently got a new hard drive. It's not formatted. I was installing fedora
9 on my machine. Its an interactive OS.
There is an option which says install on hard drive. I clicked on it.
On following the custom directions, it leads me to a point which says:

*Installation requires partitioning of your HDD. By default a partitioning
layout is chosen which is reasonable for most users. You can either choose
to use this or create your own.*

Then it gives me 4 options:

One of them is: *Remove all partitions on selected drives & create default
layout*

and 3 more options. But on selecting any of the 4 it doesn't proceed
further.
I think it needs to be formatted 1st.

Further, I installed the Fedora 10 OS which is a normal OS (Not an
interactive OS).
It doesn't give me any option to format the PC.
It throws me an error:
An error has occurred - no valid devices were found on which to create new
file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this problem.

So i guess, first i need to have my HDD formatted. Anyone, any idea how to
go about it?
Suggestions are highly valued.

Thanks.
Neeraj Joshi