[PLUG] Problem in Signals

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 11:09:26 IST 2009

Hi,

--- On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 3:48 PM, paras<beparas at gmail.com> wrote:
| I wrote two program given below just for testing .
\--

Is this something like, "Solve one problem, and get one more free?" :) [1]

---
| sigTime1.c
| sigTime2.c
\--

1. How are you compiling these programs? Aren't you getting any
warnings when compiling these programs?
2. Which distro are you using?

---
| The difference between *T1 & T2*  (845081  -  843982 =  1099 us) is Correct.
| The value of HZ = 1000
\--

3. What has HZ got to do with these?

If these are some kind of homework problems, I wouldn't want to help
you, because, you need to experiment with the code, and see for
yourself as to how things work. I wouldn't want to spoil the fun of
learning (when you have the freedom here to do so) by just giving away
answers.

I'd recommend reading:

Richard Stevens. 1990. UNIX Network Programming. Volume 1. Prentice Hall. [2]
Chapter 2: The Unix Model
Chapter 3: Interprocess Communication

SK

[1] http://www.plug.org.in/pipermail/plug-mail/2009-June/006178.html