[PLUG] networking problem in OpenSuse 11.1

murtuja bharmal murtuja_bharmal at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 15:27:13 IST 2009

1. Ip address and netmask you are putting on machine is correct. I mean belong to same Lan.
2. try "arp -an" on linux and "arp -a"  in widows and check you getting arp entries for other machine or  not.
If yes
3. Make sure firewall is not enable in Suse box. if it is iptables try this command  "iptables -L -n" to check what is INPUT, OUTPT policy for the box.

What is the result if you try to ping from Suse to Window.

Cheers
Murtuja
http://null.co.in