[PLUG] OT: How many of you are programmers?

Navin Kabra navin.kabra at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 09:40:12 IST 2009

Sorry if what I was misleading.
What I really meant was this:

1. There are definitely people in Pune who are not interested in GNU/Linux,
but would be interested in JavaScript, other programming languages, and
computer sciences in general. Hence, it would make sense to have a separate
programming languages and/or topics in computer sciences forum that would
attract such people.

2. I'm sorry to have implied that PLUG might have some non-programmers.
Maybe all PLUG members are programmers. But I would then ask the question,
why doesn't PLUG have non-programmers? Shouldn't PLUG be trying to get
non-programmers interested in PLUG? The stated goal of PLUG is to have an
GNU/Linux community, and to promote GNU/Linux. Why would you keep out
non-programmers? Shouldn't you actually be trying to encourage
non-programmers to join PLUG?

3. I don't have a very strong opinion either way - so I don't want to
convert this into a holy war. I just voiced my opinion, and I will now try
to shut up.

navin.