[PLUG] Motivating students to setup Web servers to share data

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:24:36 IST 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Abhijit Bhopatkar
<bain at devslashzero.com> wrote:
> To be extra clear, i don't think trying to get them to learn LAMP etc
> is going to help, colleges already kill their appetite to learn more.
> However give them something with practical advantage in life, (and it
> can be just to become super duper cool guy in the college to host his
> own website.) and the trigger will ignite an explosion. After all many
> of the pluggies i know simply started this way, accidentally finding a
> really useful tool in linux and somehow just getting addicted to the
> whole saga.

That sounds good, too. One advantage samba has, why I am suggesting
it, is sharing of resources with accountability. So, students can
share hard disk space, printers thus saving some costs. And at the
same time they learn sharing of resources.

--

Carmel, New York, has an ordinance forbidding men to wear coats and
trousers that don't match.