[PLUG] Using wget

Yogesh Hasabnis yhasabnis at rediffmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:57:56 IST 2009

Hi All,

I have a query about using wget for a complicated URL name. The format of the URL is roughly as follows:

http://downloads.somesite.com/subdir/ReleaseDetail.eo

?methodTocCall=download%&servername=software.somesite.com

&filepath=/download/relver/os/Base_ver_lnx86_1of3.tar

Actually I plan to use wget because the download is very big and it has failed without completing quite a few times. But when I use the "wget -c " command, it gives out a very complicated error like

Login?Template=esd_login_template&GAREASONCODE=-1&

GARESOURCEID=DownloadsProd1&

GAURI=http:%2F%2Fdownloads.somesite.com%2FESDWeb%2FReleaseDetail.eo%

?methodTocCall=download%25&Reason=-1&

APPID=DownloadsProd1&URI=http:%2F%2Fdownloads.somesite.com%2FESDWeb%2FReleaseDetail.eo%

?methodTocCall=download%25: File name too long

Can you suggest some pointers or docs for getting around this problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Yogesh Hasabnis