[PLUG] Squid proxy as a Gateway Server

Ashish Gangani ashish.gangani at vyomlabs.com
Wed May 20 18:29:38 IST 2009

Hi all,

Good Day for all,
I need Help to Setup Squid proxy as a Gateway Server.
The Idea is to use the (Server and Gateway) configured with Squid to run
using AUTH_Pam or AUTH_ncsa , but additionally we need to filter some access
via group, following the standard filter group used

Filter Group 1 - blocked users (no access)
Filter Group 2 - standard users (standard access rights)
Filter Group 3 - guest users (limited access rights)
Filter Group 4 - power users (more generous access & file download rights)
Filter Group 5 - admin users (unlimited access)

So in this cases all  users are authenticated by the Server Only when their
try to access internet, they received access denied if user is has no access
based on group membership.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashish Gangani,