[PLUG] Airtel gprs on kubuntu 9.10

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 02:30:01 IST 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Sharique uddin Ahmed Farooqui
<safknw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ubuntu when I connect my mobile to pc via usb, it automatically
> detect and configure the network connection.
>
> I'm using kubuntu 9.10. It does not work like that. How I can
> configure it via network manager or kppp?

 I use command line tool wvdial to connect to internet via my airtel
gprs. Here is teh copy of aitel specific config from my wvdial.conf

[Dialer Defaults]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Init3 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com","",0,0
Modem = /dev/ttyACM0
Modem Type = USBModem
ISDN = 0
Baud = 460800