[PLUG] Multi Drop Mail Box

Arun Khan knura at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 14:05:45 IST 2009

On Friday 02 Oct 2009, Rajiv Gore wrote:
> On Friday 02 October 2009 13:22, शंतनू wrote:
> > On 02-Oct-09, at 1:18 PM, Rajiv Gore wrote:
> > > I have a catch all mailbox on my domain name where in I receive
> > > emails for 10
> > > people.This catch all mail box has only 1 user name and 1
> > > password. I have dovecot running on my machine with accounts for
> > > these 10 people.
> > > Can fetchmail retrieve messages for these 10 people and deliver
> > > them to
> > > dovecot for storing in their individual mailbox?
> > > What code needs to go in fetchmailrc file to achieve this?
> >
> > you may also have a look at procmail. you can achieve it with
> > fetchmail +procmail.

> Thanks but what code needs to go in fetchmailrc to acheive this?

You have to tell fetchmail to process local delivery through procmail
and in procmail put in filter rules that parse based on some header(s),
via which you can determine which local user the pieces of email to
deliver.

Just be careful that you do not put in mail looping.  In other words
test your configuration with various scenario based test cases before
putting it into production.

--
Arun Khan