[PLUG] Software Freedom Day celebrations on 19th September, any plans?

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 18:17:05 IST 2009

addition in-line :-

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 11:26, Aditya Godbole<aag.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 7:53 PM, shirish<shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>     Software Freedom Day is coming on 19th September. Can we do
>> something about it?
>> Few ideas :-
>>
>> a.  Give sessions about importance of Free software.
>> b. Talk about DRM in mobiles (Both Nokia and Samsung smartphones have
>> this 'feature' ) .
>> c.  Talk/show about wordpress.com (Could make a presentation for the same. )
>> d.  Showoff open videos playing in firefox 3.5 without need for any
>> external plugin/
>
> e. Contribute to free software. Submit a bug, fix one, add a feature,
> write a howto, etc. etc. Decrease the need to talk and show-off by
> making the software itself compelling for the users.

While we can do all this, volunteers and where these activities are
going to take place is still not known.

There was a piece of paper on which people's names had been written
but nothing after that. Who has it and what's the status ?

Also nothing was concreticized as to which colleges are being
approached and who's talking to them ?

> -aditya

There also hasn't been any movement about the venue, Bhaskaracharya
Prathisthan or SICSR or somewhere else ?

Dexter had a suggestion (offline) of doing it in Wadia College. He
knows somebody there.

Is there possibility of having some banners or something as well ?

Let's get the ball rolling, Just 12 days left.

          Shirish Agarwal
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17