[PLUG] calculator software in Linux

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 19:24:52 IST 2009

Hello,
> I am an engineering student. And I was thinking if there is any software
> for calculator which could have functions like matrices, solving
> quadratic equations. Or basic that stores past calculations and ans.

Scilab understands matrices, vectors as already defined data types. It
also understands polynomials. It has inbuilt functions to compute
eigen values, eigen vectors of matrices, it can find determinant and
inverse of the matrix. It can find roots of the polynomial. Real roots
as well as complex roots of the polynomial( if exists).

It can remember previously calculated values as well as it allow user
to store calculated results in text file. It understand numerical
values for pi, e, i etc.

Visit here for more details
http://www.scilab.org/

> Please suggest. Or even if there are in windows which I can run using
> wine.
It works on Linux, Mac, and on windows.

It is open source software which can be used as a calculator
initially. And for advanced use afterwards.

Best wishes,

--
Manjusha Joshi