[PLUG] accounting and excise billing on Linux

म.हा.सा.ग.र o.s.h.o at guruvision.com
Wed Apr 7 11:53:31 IST 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Prashant Shah <pshah.mumbai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>> Is there a specific reason why you're planning on starting from scratch, as
>> opposed to simply using GnuKhata as a starting point? Just wondering...
>
> What I want for myself is a simple accounting software, for personal
> use. Maybe some small size organization might find it interesting. It
> should be easy and fun to use.
>
> I had spoken to GnuKhata team and they were targeting mid to large
> size organization.
>
> I have gone though nearly all accounting software and find them too
> very complex and hard to use ! They just end up getting in my way too
> much.
>
> Its a just a personal project, I dont promise anything :)

May take it up as a testing project (how does it feel being a ginea pig :-)
because I want to learn real life accounting for own good...

Assumtions:
1.  This will not need me to switch a distro.
2.  This will not need me learn a new software license.
3.  I do not promise that I will actually use it for keeping any books :-)